“With music, one’s whole future life is brightened. This is such a treasure in life that it helps us over many troubles and difficulties. Music is nourishment, a comforting elixir. Music multiplies all that is beautiful and of value in life.” – Zoltan Kodaly
Our Music programmes at all levels aspire to increase students’ confidence and further develop their passion and musical creativity in order to understand, navigate, and be creative in a modern world.
A Cambridge High Music Student Is:
* Willing to explore and widen boundaries
* Self Managing
* Comes to class with the gear required
* Puts in the time both in and out of class
* Respects others, teachers, property and the learning environment
* Always willing to participate and contribute – shows manaakitanga
In Music students will:
* Develop literacy in Maaori music, understanding aspects of reo, tikanga, and whakapapa both specific to local iwi and Aotearoa.
* Work individually and collaboratively to explore, develop and refine performance skills.
* Create original musical ideas to develop and refine within a number of compositions.
* Investigate a range of musical styles and genres in relationship to past and present contexts.
* Develop and understanding of technology within Music, in both recording and live performance situations.
* Understand the methods of musical communication in both aural and score reading settings.
* Reflect and enrich the cultural life of their school, whaanau, and communities, through involvement and performances.