This course goes deeper than what we know about money. It's feeling confident to make wise judgements about how we use and manage our money in ways that benefit us now and in the future, enable us to reach our goals, provide for our family and, ultimately reach retirement in good financial shape.
Developing financial capability supports ākonga to:
- participate in economic life
- gain the knowledge, skills, and competencies to make good money management decisions across a range of financial contexts
- improve the financial well-being of individuals and society.
In becoming financially capable, students will develop:
- knowledge and understanding of financial information and processes
- personal financial management competencies
- recognition and development of their personal values, which make it possible for them to achieve their personal goals
- an awareness of others' values and priorities, which will enable them to participate meaningfully in the community